The mission of Nahda College’s medical programme is to prepare physicians who would be able to meet and respond to the changing health care needs and expectations of the Sudanese Community and the international community at large. We also exist to serve our community and contribute the knowledge of generation through the engagement in research activities.
Despite the fact that there is a number of medical schools in Sudan and graduated a reasonable number of doctors annually, there is still need for new schools to contribute towards the filling of the huge gap that exists between the number of doctors needed and the numbers that graduate especially that the process of brain drain is continuing. Moreover, the establishment of new schools that offer programs & opportunities that produce high quality competent doctors is still a necessity.
The MBBS degree is offered after successful completion of a 5 years/ 10 semesters programme. The first semester covers the general sciences plus some additional courses required by the college and Sudan’s Ministry of Higher Education. Over the following semesters, the student will acquire the essential knowledge in the basic medical sciences and build up the clinical skills and attitudes needed for safe practice.
We use both formative as well as assumptive assessment methods in all of our courses.
* A detailed copy of our curriculum and courses will be available for download soon
Key features of our curriculum
- An explicit statement of the outcomes expected of students at each stage
- A core curriculum with student-selected components
- The layered design for acquisition of knowledge to enhance learning.
- a framework of over one hundred core clinical problems to develop reflective practice
- a range of educational strategies, including elements of task-based and problem-oriented learning, community-based learning, and approaches to teaching and learning that encourage the students to take increasingly more responsibility for their own learning
- an “assessment to a standard” approach which emphasizes the overall outcomes of the curriculum and which uses a range of methods including computer-based & online examinations, OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) and portfolio assessment
- Students are encouraged to develop a partnership approach to their learning for professional practice. Students and staff, as active stakeholders, have an important role to play in the continuing development of the curriculum. Learning Resources
The following learning resources are going to be made available for the students:
1. A library with the recommended textbooks & periodicals in the various disciplines of Medicine.
2. A computer lab with a digital library containing books, CDs, multimedia resources and an internet connection to the relevant online resources
3. Laboratories including clinical skills labs
4. Teaching hospitals & PHC facilities
Dr.Talal Elfadil Mahdi Eltahir
2009 Master of Science in Epidemiology (MSc), London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, United Kingdom
2003 Fellowship, Community Medicine, Sudan Medical Specialization Board (SMSB), Sudan.
1999 Master of Public Health (MPH), School of Health Sciences, Maastricht University, The Netherlands.
1993 Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Sudan.
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Omer TagelsirAbdAlla||
|محاضر||Dr. Husham Abdelgadir Ali||2.|
|محاضر||Dr. NiaziSkeikh Idris Saeed||4.|
|محاضر||Dr. El Muez Ali Ibrahim
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Osman Saeed Osman||
|محاضر||Dr. Ola KhalilShareef||7.|
|محاضر||Dr. Mustafa Hussein Yagoub||8.|
|محاضر||Dr. AbdAllaMohieldin Osman||9.|
|محاضر||Dr. Mohamed ElnagidMustafa||10.|
|محاضر||Dr. FakhreldinBabikir Ali||
|أ.مساعد||Dr. NasirAbdelrafi Hamad||12.|
|تقني||UZ. Mohamed Mahmoud
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Khalid AbdelmohsinAwad||
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Mohamed AbdelatifMoh||17.|
|محاضر||Dr. Khalid MohShareef||18.|
|Dr. Elamin Osman Elaas
|محاضر||Dr. Amgad Haroun Hasan||Pharmacology
|محاضر||Dr. Noon Hasan Mohamed
|محاضر||Dr. KateeraAbdelwahab||Community Medicine
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Taha BilalTaha||
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Sarah Azhari Suleiman||26.|
|إستشاري||Dr. Omer Hamad Abdelrahim||27.|
|أ. مساعد||Dr. Khalid Farah Hamad||29.|
|أ.مساعد||Dr. TagwaHusein Hasan
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Sarah Mustafa Mohamed
|بروفيسور||Dr. Sirageldin Mohamed Khair||
|أ.مشارك||Dr. Faisal Hasan Ahmed||35.|
|أ.مساعد||Dr. EinasAbdAlla Saeed||36.|
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Sheireen Osman moh
|أ.مساعد||Dr. IsraMutasim Hamad||39.|
|أ.مساعد||Dr. Mashair Osama Mohamed||40.|
تقويم العام الدراسي